Please excuse my dust. My site will be moving to WordPress over the next few days.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

#CoconutOil: What You Never Knew About this Miracle Food

About Coconut Oil

I was asked to review Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil. Frankly, before I reviewed it, I had no idea what to do with it! So, I looked through the Tropical Traditions site and did some research on my own. Here are some of them:
  • Coconut oil is good in baking and cooking because it is able to withstand higher cooking and baking temperatures than other oils. It will not burn as easily, so it is more stable. 
  • Coconuts naturally contain many nutrients and vitamins that are beneficial for the body, including Vitamins B and C and proteins. 
  • Coconut oil is supposed to be good as a weekly hair conditioner.

What I Think

I first used the Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil as a hair conditioner--after our dry, Texas summer, my hair needed it! I put the coconut oil in my hair at the end of my shower at night, then wrapped my hair in my head wrap, and went to sleep. In the morning, I rinsed my hair out twice and styled as normal. It was softer and more manageable after the coconut oil treatment.

I also tried the coconut oil in cooking. It was light and cooked well. I used it in a stir fry and it came out nicely. It didn't taste any different to my family (who are pretty picky), so that's a good thing! I could tell the difference, though, and it was just a light, coconut flavor, but not overpowering.

I like how it has a lot of properties that make it good for cooking. I know I've heard before that other oils, such as olive oil, change their properties when cooked too hot and may not be as good for you.

According to the Tropical Traditions website, "Research shows that the medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil boosts the body’s metabolism, raises body temperatures, and helps provide greater energy which can lead to weight loss." That sounded good to me, so I have been using it in all of my cooking. I haven't been using it long enough yet to notice any effects like described, but I will keep you updated.

Finally, I have never received such a well-packaged jar sent to my home! It was extremely secure, so you can count on it being shipped to you in one piece. My husband, who is a packing guru, was impressed with the thorough packaging.

Resources for you: check out Free Coconut Recipes to learn how to use coconut oil in your cooking.

Enter my giveaway below to win your own Quart jar of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil! Giveaway ends 10/31

Where to Buy
You can buy direct from the Tropical Traditions site. Below are some of the products they are currently offering:










 















 
If you order through the links above, you will also receive their book on Virgin Coconut Oil. This book is packed with testimonies and solid research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how people can incorporate coconut into their diet.




Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The opinions expressed here are my own.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...