Please excuse my dust. My site will be moving to WordPress over the next few days.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Music and Rhythm can Greatly Impact Learning


As a teacher, and former "band geek," I know the kind of impact music education can have on students. Students learn critical thinking skills, improve mathematical thinking, problem-solving, and social skills when in a school band (see this reference for more information). Most band programs begin around 5th or 6th grade in public school. If you're looking to give your kid a head start, you either need to pay for a private tutor, or teach them yourself (a daunting task).

That's why I was excited to review the Beginning Rhythm printable to review. This product comes with basic rhythm matching, as well as some games, such as rhythm bingo, to help teach your child rhythm.

My two sons love music and have lots of different musical instruments to play (mainly toys like a set of chimes, paper jams, etc.). They love to make music together, but they still need some work on their rhythm. They really enjoyed playing with the flash cards and games. And, their recognition of measures and rhythm patterns seemed to improve. This was especially useful for my oldest, who is in beginning band this year, carrying on the family tradition of playing the clarinet.

Here's a video to see more about the Beginning Rhythm product.




If you're interested in learning more about the Beginning Rhythm product, please visit their site for more information.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...