Please excuse my dust. My site will be moving to WordPress over the next few days.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Reflections: That Sneaky Devil

I was talking to a friend yesterday who has two little ones, a toddler and a baby. She was telling me about how difficult it is to get out of the house on Sunday morning and get to church. Wednesdays were also difficult for her. Her theory is that the devil doesn't want us to go to church and be built up, so those days are particularly difficult. 

I've experienced the same sort of thing. As some of you may know, if you know me personally, or have been reading my blog, I have some joint issues. It always seems like my "flare ups" happen Saturday night or Sunday morning and I have been missing church more often than I'd like. Usually, the rest of my week is just as terrible, and it's hard to break out of the rut.

Of course, the times I HAVE powered through and gone to church anyway, I always leave feeling edified and renewed. The rest of my week is usually much more positive when I attend church with other believers. It's not just showing up in a building that does it, either. It's worshipping God, connecting with other believers, and going deeper into my relationship with Jesus. As my pastor says, the church is not the building, the church is the people who fill it.

So what can we do about this situation and the attacks the devil (and yes, I do believe there is an actual being called Satan, Lucifer, the Prince of Light, etc.)?

I'm no expert myself, but I found some great sites to help:



Have you discovered a scripture, or a way to conquer Satan? Please share it in the comments below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...