Please excuse my dust. My site will be moving to WordPress over the next few days.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
8 Ways You Can Save On Groceries And 1 Essential Tip
1. Plan ahead. Make a meal plan for the week, then buy what you need (that's not already in your pantry stockpile)
2. Keep your coupons organized and search coupon matchups (like my
) for the best deals on what you need.
3. Check the expiration date on perishable goods. If it's about to expire, ask for a discount. Many of these items, like meat, can be frozen or cooked right away safely.
4. Stack store coupons and manufacturer's coupons on top of sales to get rock-bottom prices.
5. Always shop on a full stomach.
6. To curb the temptation to eat out, plan your meals for the week, including no-cook nights and nights where you cook extra and freeze it for busy evenings.
7. Compare your coupons to the grocery list and clip only coupons for products you currently use.
8. Leave the hubby and kids at home--the fewer hungry tummies you have, the more likely you'll be to stick to your list.
And my essential tip:
Always bring your coupon binder with you and be prepared to snatch those great unadvertised deals and clearance steals!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest