Please excuse my dust. My site will be moving to WordPress over the next few days.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Frugal Birthday Party Planning -- Printable Party Packs



We all want to be known as the mom/dad who hosted an awesome birthday party for their kid. Planning a fun, exciting birthday party that doesn't break the bank can be a challenge, though. I aim for spending around $100 or less on my kids' birthday parties, including gifts. I have two boys, so we have done:

  • Take two friends to the zoo/baseball game/laser tag
  • Soccer party at the park
  • Go to the bounce house place, but have the cake/unwrapping presents outside
  • Zoo-themed party in our backyard
  • Amazing Race-themed party at the park

For this last one, I went online and searched for "Amazing Race birthday party" to get some ideas. I found this site that sold kits of printable items and everything I'd need to put together a great party. The party was a great success, and my oldest son's friends loved it. However, it took a lot of work to figure out how the games worked and the props weren't as "real" looking as I would have liked. I wish I had known about Party Games Plus at the time. Their kits are so professional and easy to use. Their Amazing Race kit looks much better than the one I used.

I had an opportunity to review their "Minute to Win It" printables. First, "Minute to Win It" is hot with teens. Our church's youth pastor always plays a game with the kids before he talks to them, and he's done several M2WI games and they're always popular. I even enjoy playing them, and they're even more fun to watch. If you've never seen "Minute to Win It," check out the video below for a preview.

 

With the Minute to Win It printables, you get directions explaining the games, M2WI-themed candy bar wrappers, water bottle wrappers, and cupcake toppers. They also provide awesome-looking invitations, name tags, and cards for the games, including blank cards so you can add in your own M2WI games. They also include "Minute Money" so you can hold a fun auction for prizes at the end of the game.

Some of the games included are: Elephant Ring, Cup Hands, Mega Bubble Blower, and Pretzel Bobbing. The great thing about these games is that they only require common household objects, so you don't have to buy lots of extras.

This looks like it would be great fun and I bet my oldest (who will be turning 12) will love this. I'm already looking forward to planning this fun party! Check out Minute to Win It Party Ideas for more information.

Looking through the site, I saw many awesome looking party ideas. My younger son has been talking about having a Lego-themed birthday in November. Party Games Plus has an awesome looking Lego party that would make this birthday perfect for my 8 year old.

For their price of $12.99, these party kits are a steal and make having a blast at your next birthday affordable!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great ideas! I'm planning my daughter's 3rd birthday party. This is really helpful. Visiting from Lots of Lovin weekend bloghop!

    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete

I encourage you to post comments below. I love hearing from you--did the deal work? Have you found something new? Having problems? Found a new coupon? Give me a shout-out! And don't forget to follow, I love following back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...